- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Historical spy thriller Felt has added another major name to its cast.
Oscar-nominated actress Diane Lane is now set to join Liam Neeson as Audrey Felt, the wife of Mark Felt who became known as Deep Throat, the famed whistleblower during the Watergate scandal. Audrey Felt shouldered the burden of her husband’s isolated and dangerous struggle against the White House.
Peter Landesman is set to direct and produce based on his own script, with principal photography due to begin in March. MadRiver Pictures will finance and produce, alongside Scott Free Productions, Playtone and Cara Films.
Ridley Scott, Gary Goetzman, Tom Hanks, Giannina Scott, Marc Butan, Christopher Woodrow and Jay Roach will produce. Steven Shareshian and Michael Schaefer will executive produce alongside Michael Bassick and Steven Marshall.
CAA arranged the financing and are currently selling the domestic rights at AFM. Sierra/Affinity is handling the foreign rights.
Lane, who will next be seen in Trumbo and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, is represented by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day