- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vertical Entertainment has secured worldwide digital rights to G.J. Echternkamp’s autobiographical comedy Frank and Cindy, starring Rene Russo, Oliver Platt and Johnny Simmons.
The feature looks at Echternkamp’s own relationship with his mother Cindy (Russo) and stepfather Frank (Platt), the later the bassist of ’80s one-hit wonder OXO. Simmons plays Echternkamp. Jane Levy and Marc Maron co-star.
Echternkamp made a documentary of the same name, on the same subject, in 2007. The nonfiction film won best documentary honors at the Raindance and Seattle True Independent film festivals.
The Frank and Cindy feature film premiered at the L.A. Film Festival this summer. Vertical plans to roll out Frank and Cindy digitally worldwide in the second quarter of 2016.
The deal was negotiated by WME on behalf of the filmmakers, and Goldberg and Peter Jarowey, vp acquisitions, at Vertical.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day