- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ye Liu is set to co-star with Rebecca Ferguson in The Lady and the Panda.
The Chinese actor will play love interest Quentin Young, the Chinese guide who helps groundbreaking explorer Ruth Harkness become the first person to bring a live giant panda out of China and to the world’s attention. The two traveled down the Yangtze River and deep into the uncharted Himalayas to rescue an orphaned baby panda.
Justin Chadwick is directing the film, which features an original screenplay he wrote with Laura Bickford and Holly Gent Palmo, based on Harkness’ original detailed correspondence.
The film, a U.K.-China co-production, is being produced by Bickford and Michelle Qi from Europe China Picture Group. Executive producers are Joe Simpson of Miscellaneous Entertainment, Andrew Mann, Fiona Druckenmiller, Justin Brodle and Christopher Brough from Pandamotion Picture Company. The film will begin shooting this month in the Sichuan region of the Himalayan foothills in China.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day