- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beta Cinema has picked up world sales on sleeper hit Look Who’s Back, a German-language comedy adapted from Timur Vermes‘ best-selling novel.
The film, which has earned more than $10 million in Germany in its first two weeks in release, imagines what would happen if Adolf Hitler woke up, alive, in modern-day Berlin.
Directed by David Wnendt (Wetlands), the film combines scenes from Vermes‘ book — in which Hitler becomes a media celebrity — with Borat-style hidden camera antics, in which actor Oliver Masucci, playing the Fuhrer, interacts with ordinary Germans.
Beta will introduce the film to buyers at the American Film Market in Los Angeles next month.
Look Who’s Back was produced by Mythos Film in co-production with Constantin Film, with Christoph Muller and Lars Dittrich producing and executive producers Oliver Berben and Martin Moszkowicz of Constantin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day