- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, originally titled Petit, sees the Oscar-winner actress playing a successful businesswoman who, when she is told she is infertile, becomes desperate to have a child. Her efforts eventually lead her into the shady underworld of infant adoptions in Eastern Europe.
I Am Here premiered at Fantastic Fest in Austin in September. The movie co-stars Peter Stormare (Fargo), Jordan Prentice (In Bruges) and Sebastian Schipper (Run Lola Run).
The North American deal for the film was negotiated between Brainstorm Media President Meyer Shwarzstein and Susan Wendt, Head of Sales at TrustNordisk, the Scandinavia company that is handling international sales on the title at AFM.
Basinger, who won the best supporting actress Oscar in 1998 for L.A. Confidential, recently signed on to the period noir thriller The Nice Guys, opposite Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe. Iron Man 3 helmer Shane Black is directing that film for Warner Bros.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day