- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emmy-winning TV director Jim Sadwith (Sinatra) will helm the movie in his feature film debut.
Alex Wolff (A Birder’s Guide to Everything) and Stefania Owen (The Carrie Diaries) star in Coming Through The Rye as two teenagers who set out to find the notoriously recluse author.
The film is based on Sadwith’s own attempt to track down Salinger and his encounters with the author of The Catcher in the Rye.
Cooper, who recently appeared as the Green Goblin in Amazing Spider-Man 2, won his best supporting actor Oscar in 2002 for Spike Jonze‘s Adaptation. The versatile actor has also appeared in such films as August: Osage County, The Bourne Identity and American Beauty.
Sadwith is also producing the film together with Stan Erdreich and Teddy Grennan.
Angel Grace Productions is handling international sales and will give buyers at AFM a first peek at the project before its official sales launch at Berlin’s European Film Market in February.
Chris Cooper is repped by Untitled Entertainment and Kevin Yorn, Alex Wolff by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, and Stefania Owen by Paradigm and McKeon-Myones Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day