- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Caine, Samuel L. Jackson Teaming for Harry and The Butler
Philippe Rivier of Spirit Films and Colin Callender of Playground Entertainment are producing the dramedy, about a derelict rollercoaster mechanic and one-time jazz virtuoso (Jackson) who lives in a converted train caboose in New Orleans. When he inherits a large sum of money, he decides during a drunken celebration to hire a down-on-his-luck British butler (Caine).
Justin Chadwick Discusses the Challenges of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
The director returns to Africa for his latest, starring Idris Elba in the lead role. Chadwick spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about why he initially turned down the project, the benefits of shooting crowd scenes without CGI and the decision to cast Elba as the charismatic South African icon.
Bona’s Yu sees Chinese Golden Age
Speaking at the 2013 U.S.-China Film Summit, Yu said the industry is flush with cash and that the challenges are actually on the creative side. “In the next 10 years it will be a big, big business. It’s an era for capital growth and box- office increases. The Chinese film industry is in a phase to test our film-makers,” he said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day