- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Who cares about jet lag when you can have breakfast with Elton John and Tom Hardy?
The pop icon and star turned up at a Tuesday morning breakfast in Santa Monica to personally tout Rocketman, the Elton John biopic that will star Hardy. Leading foreign sales outfit Good Universe hosted the event on the eve of the American Film Market, where it will shop the project to international distributors.
About 100 foreign buyers attended the bash, held at the swank Bel-Air Bay Club.
PHOTOS: Note Perfect: The 15 Best Portrayals of Musicians in Movies
John and Hardy, flanked by director Michael Gracey, talked about their hopes for the movie-musical, which John is executive producing. John also will rerecord many of his hits to parallel the emotional beats of the film.
Steve Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish of Rocket Pictures are producing the biopic alongside Lawrence Bender for AI Films. Other executive producers include Len Blavatnik, Aviv Giladi and Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel.
Focus will release the film in the U.S. (Schlessel brought the project with him from FilmDistrict).
AFM runs Nov. 6-13 in Santa Monica.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day