- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Acclaimed British actors Emily Watson (War Horse) and Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter franchise) have joined the voice cast of upcoming 3-D animated feature Happy Family.
Isaacs will play Dracula, who falls in love with Watson’s character and has a witch turn her into a vampire. The spell goes wrong though, and the woman and her whole family are transformed into their own monstrous Halloween costumes. She rejects Dracula’s advances, choosing to stay with her now monstrous family, sending Dracula into a rage and plotting to destroy the world.
The film is based on the best-selling novel by David Safier, who adapted his own book for the screen together with German TV writer/producer Catharina Junk.
Holger Tappe, the German helmer of animated features Animals United and Impy’s Island, is directing Happy Family for Timeless Films and Ambient Entertainment. Timeless is handling worldwide sales and will be screening footage of the film for buyers at the AFM next week.
Warner Brothers has picked up the film for release across German-speaking Europe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival