- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Action veteran Gary Daniels is headed to space (or at least a movie that will revolve around it).
The Expendables actor is set to star in Astro, which is described as a science-fiction story of a billionaire’s private space exploration program returning to Earth with an abducted extraterrestrial from a newly discovered planet.
The film from director Asif Akbar also will star Jonathan Lipnicki, Louis Mandylor, Michael Pare and Eric Roberts. Fittingly, Astro will shoot later this month in Roswell, N.M. — a site familiar to alien conspiracy theory enthusiasts. It also will film in southeast Asia and Los Angeles.
The screenplay was written by Akbar and Bernard Selling. The film secured financing at AFM from Film Life Factory and other financiers from Hollywood, India, Bangladesh and Roswell.
Others in the ensemble cast include Bollywood star Omi Vaidya, Marshal Hilton, Orson Chaplin, Spice Williams-Crosby, Max Wasa, Gianni Capaldi, Luke Crosby, Christopher Showerman, Sean O’Bryan and Courtney Akbar.
Astro is eyeing a 2017 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day