- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gravitas Ventures has picked up psychological thriller Human Traces, which first premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival, for North American distribution from Clay Epstein’s Film Mode Entertainment.
Mark Mitchinson (The Hobbit, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) stars alongside Sophie Henderson (Power Rangers) and TIFF “Rising Star” Vinnie Bennett (Ghost in the Shell) in the directorial debut of Nic Gorman (Here Be Monsters).
Shot on the isolated islands to the south of New Zealand and tackling the global issues surrounding the ecosystem, Human Traces kicks off with a young man arriving on a remote sub-Antarctic research station, where secrets threaten the relationship of a married couple.
The film was produced by Nadia Maxwell of Overactive Imagination with investment from the New Zealand Film Commission and Random Films.
Film Mode Entertainment reps worldwide rights outside Australia and New Zealand.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day