- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson and Italian actress Sabrina Impacciatore have joined Liev Schreiber in the feature movie adaptation of Ernest Hemingway’s final novel, Across the River and Into the Trees, now in pre-production in Italy.
The movie version will tell the story of Colonel Richard Cantwell, played by Schreiber, a semi-autobiographical character partially-based-on Hemingway’s friend Colonel Charles T. Lanham.
“Adding Josh to this internationally renowned cast is very exciting. His popularity and talent will help make this film even more valuable to our buyers,” said Brian O’Shea, The Exchange CEO, in a statement. Hutcherson currently stars in Hulu’s Future Man.
Impacciatore wrote and recently starred in Italian movie There Is No Place Like Home. Across the River and Into the Trees will also star Matilda De Angelis, Laura Morante and Giancarlo.
Produced by Robert MacLean of Tribune Pictures, the adapted screenplay by screenwriter Peter Flannery is directed by Spain’s Paula Ortiz. The film is being produced in association with Jianmin LV and Spring Era Films.
John Smallcombe and Ken Gord are also producing, William J. Immerman and Justin Raikes are executive producers.
Hutcherson is repped by The Beddingfield Company and The Gersh Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day