- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Naomi Watts has signed on to star in the drama Shut In.
Directed by Farren Blackburn from the 2012 Blacklist screenplay by Christina Hodson, EuropaCorp will co-produce, finance and distribute worldwide the psychological thriller from Lava Bear Films. The indie, to be shopped at AFM for international sales, will be released by EuropaCorp domestically through RED.
Shut In, developed and packaged by Lava Bear, will shoot in Europe in 2015. Watts’ recent movie credits include Birdman and St. Vincent. Blackburn directed the TV series The Fades, Luther and Doctor Who.
Hodson also wrote The Eden Project, which was recently acquired by Sony. Lava Bear president Tory Metzger oversees the film’s production for EuropaCorp and the producer.
Watts, Blackburn, and Hodson are represented by CAA. Watts is also represented by Jason Weinberg at Untitled Entertainment, while Blackburn is represented in the U.K. by Cathy King at Independent Talent Group.
Read more AFM: Download THR’s Day 1 ‘Daily’
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day