- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix has swooped on Tau, which stars Maika Monroe, Ed Skrein and Gary Oldman and is the directorial debut of Marvel animatics supervisor Federico D’Alessandro (Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Avengers: Age of Ultron).
Penned by Noga Landau, Tau follows a once street-smart grifter (Monroe) who is kidnapped and held captive in a fatal experiment. The only thing standing in the way of her freedom is Tau, an advanced artificial intelligence developed by her captor (Skrein). She must race against time to bridge the boundaries between man and machine, connect to Tau and win her freedom before she suffers the same fate as the previous subjects.
Financed by Hercules Film Fund and Ken Kao’s Waypoint Entertainment under his first-look deal with Addictive Pictures, Tau was produced by David S. Goyer under his Phantom Four banner alongside Russell Ackerman and John Schoenfelder for Addictive and Kevin Turen. Rhea Films co-produced the pic, with Paris Kassidokostas-Latsis, Terry Dougas and Jean-Luc De Fanti serving as executive producers, along with Ken Kao, Dan Kao and Luc Etienne.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day