- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sacha Baron Cohen is set to take the lead in Klown, with Megan Ellison’s Annapurna having won the race for sales and English-language remake rights to the hit R-rated Danish comedy.
Ellison will produce alongside Baron Cohen and Todd Schulman for their Four by Two banner. Scott Stuber will also produce the film, arguably AFM’s most commercial offering so far.
The 2010 original, which is the highest-grossing local film in Danish history, was directed by Mikkel Norgaard following his successful TV series of the same name, and follows a man who attempts to prove his fatherhood potential to his pregnant girlfriend by kidnapping her 12-year-old nephew and tagging along on his best friend’s debauched weekend canoe trip. A sequel, Klown Forever, was released last year.
Annapurna will finance the remake, with the banner’s Stephen Feder overseeing production. CAA is repping U.S. rights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day