- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Best place to grab a drink after midnight in Santa Monica?
My own living-room bar.
Place to avoid during the market?
The Third Street Promenade. Too crowded.
Your hidden-gem restaurant or bar in West L.A.?
Carmine’s on Santa Monica Boulevard — good vibe, delicious food, great place to chill.
Most “AFM” thing to happen to you at the market?
Losing my voice by Sunday.
One thing you won’t travel without, besides your phone?
A lady never reveals her secrets. Let’s just say I travel with a large bag.
Biggest pet peeve about AFM or Santa Monica?
None, it’s my home turf.
Funniest celebrity interaction at AFM?
Being impressed by Stephen Dorff’s knowledge of Eastern Europe geography.
A secret place you go to escape the industry?
Not so secret: Burke Williams Spa on Fourth Street makes everything better at the end of a long market.
What’s the best “worst” project you’ve seen on offer at AFM?
De gustibus non est disputandum. Meaning, in matters of taste, there can be no disputes.
Thing you like the least about AFM?
It’s actually my favorite market. No jet lag!
This story first appeared in The Hollywood Reporter’s Nov. 1 daily issue at the American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day