- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shout! said it is planning an all-platform release for the film in 2015. Studio 100 Film, which produced Maya The Bee and is handling world sales, has sold the title to multiple markets, including Poland, South Korea and Germany, where it has earned around $5.6 million in theatrical release for distributors Universum Film and Walt Disney Germany.
A German-Australian co-production, Maya the Bee was produced by Thorsten Wegener for Studio 100 and Barbara Stephen for Buzz Studios in association with Flying Bark Productions. Studio 100’s Patrick Elmendorff and Jim Ballantine of Buzz Studios executive produced.
Alexs Stadermann, an animator on several of Disney’s direct-to-video titles including The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea and The Lion King 1 ½, directed Maya the Bee.
The film’s English-language voice talent includes Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jacki Weaver, Richard Roxburgh and Noah Taylor. Australian newcomer Coco Jack Gillies, who appears in George Miller‘s upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road, plays the voice of Maya the Bee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day