- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Described as a post-apocalyptic action flick, Future World is based on an original short story by Franco, in which a prince and a robot travel across the violent and desolate Wastelands in a journey of self-discovery. Bruce Cheung and Jay Davis adapted the screenplay from the story, and Cheung co-directed with Franco.
The indie pic signed up an impressive ensemble cast, including Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich, Lucy Liu, actress/model Suki Waterhouse and rappers Snoop Dogg and Method Man. Future World is currently in postproduction.
Italy’s AMBI group, which backed Franco’s John Steinbeck adaptation In Dubious Battle, is financing the feature and will distribute Future World domestically. Iervolino Bacardi and Monika Bacardi of AMBI are producing, together with Vince Jolivette and Jay Davis.
AMBI Distribution, the company’s world sales arm, is handling international sales, including at the upcoming American Film Market (AFM), and negotiated the deal with Tiberius.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day