- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Academy Award nominee will star as Al Capone in Fonzo, the upcoming project from writer-director Josh Trank (Chronicle, Fantastic Four). The story will center on Capone at the age of 47, following nearly a decade of imprisonment, as dementia rots his mind and his violent past comes back to haunt him.
The film will be produced by Russell Ackerman and John Schoenfelder (Tau) for Addictive Pictures alongside Oscar-nominated Lawrence Bender (Inglorious Basterds, Kill Bill: Vol 1 & 2, Good Will Hunting, Pulp Fiction). Bloom is handling international sales on the project, now in preproduction, and will introduce it to buyers next week at AFM. CAA and WME Global are repping U.S. rights.
“Fonzo brings together the myth and lore of notorious American gangster Al Capone, with the undeniable talent of Tom Hardy and Josh Trank,” said Bloom’s Alex Walton. “We are thrilled to bring this film to buyers at the AFM.”
Trank is repped by WME, Management 360 and attorney Mitch Smelkinson, while Hardy is repped by CAA and Lindy King at United Agents.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zurich Film Festival
Santa Barbara International Film Festival