- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The long-gestating Tupac biopic has finally set a shooting date, with producers/financiers Morgan Creek and Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films announcing plans to begin principal photography on the film next spring.
The two companies held a reception for friends and supporters of the late, great hip-hop artist at the Zanzibar in Santa Monica last Thursday where producer Randall Emmett confirmed the 2014 shoot is a go.
The Tupac film was original set to start filming back in 2011 after a lengthy legal battle between Morgan Creek and the rapper’s mother, Afeni Shakur. Morgan Creek had sued Shakur, claiming she had continued to negotiate for creative control of the film after signing over rights to her son’s music and story. Shakur countersued, claiming she had no deal in place with Morgan Creek. But the dispute was settled out of court and Shakur is now an executive producer on the film.
Still no word, however, on who will play the slain rapper in the film or who will direct.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day