- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The feature film debut of director Justin Reardon, Playing It Cool has Evans in the role of ME, a young man disillusioned by love, who meets HER (Monaghan) at a charity event and charms her by pretending to be a philanthropist. The pair start up a platonic relationship, but ME imagines all sorts of crazy ways he will win HER heart.
“We are looking forward to working with Chris Evans and the rest of the cast for the U.S. release of Playing It Cool,“ said Vertical Co-President Mitch Budin in a statement. “We think audiences will appreciate the unique storytelling and the honest intimacy between Chris Evans and Michelle Monaghan, which will challenge moviegoers to redefine the way they see love and happiness.”
Vertical plans to bow Playing It Cool in U.S. theaters in the first quarter of next year. Voltage Pictures is handling world sales on the title at AFM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day