- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NEW DELHI — Following reports of top Bollywood actress and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai Bachchan‘s pregnancy, the producers of her upcoming film Heroine issued a statement Tuesday indicating the project has been put on hold.
“At this point nothing is more important than Aishwarya’s well being and good health,” UTV Motion Pictures said in a statement. “In that context, we have all mutually agreed that the best step would be to avoid shooting further, rather than proceeding with an incredibly demanding schedule over the coming months.”
Heroine was announced at Cannes this year in the presence of Rai and director Madhur Bhandarkar. It is still not clear whether UTV Motion Pictures has actually canceled the project or is seeking a replacement for Rai.
“As of now we can’t comment further than what is said in our official statement,” UTVMP CEO Siddharth Roy Kapur told The Hollywood Reporter. “If there are any further developments we will comment accordingly.”
Following her 2007 marriage to actor Abhishek Bachchan, the 37-year-old actress is expecting her first child and has already shot some sequences of Heroine that revolves around the life of a top Bollywood actress.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day