- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pacino, who knows his way away mob families having starring in The Godfather trilogy, will play Gambino crime family underboss Neil Dellacroce, an associate and mentor to Gotti Sr.
The project reteams Pacino with Barry Levinson, who has stepped in to direct, and who recently guided Pacino through the Emmy-winning HBO telefilm You Don’t Know Jack.
Other key roles that have been cast include that of Gotti Sr.’s wife Victoria, who will be played by Travolta’s real-life wife Kelly Preston; Angel Gotti, the daughter of John Sr. and Victoria, who will be played by the Travoltas’ daughter Ella Bleu Travolta; Gotti Sr.’s associate Angelo Ruggiero, who will be played by Joe Pesci; and Kim Gotti, John Gotti Jr.’s wife, who will be played by Lindsay Lohan.
Roles yet to be cast include those of Gotti Jr. and his sister Victoria.
James Toback, who previously worked with Levinson on Bugsy, has also come on board the project to revise the original screenplay by Leo Rossi.
Marc Fiore is producing the independently-financed project, which has received Gotti Jr.’s blessing, with Marty Ingels serving as one of the executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day