- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Al Pacino’s latest movie, Hangman, is about to join a rarified but undesirable Hollywood club.
The feature, which also stars Brittany Snow and Karl Urban, has earned a 0 percent rating on critics aggregator Rotten Tomatoes.
The movie follows a homicide detective (Pacino) who teams up with a criminal profiler to catch a serial killer whose crimes are inspired by the word game Hangman.
The Hollywood Reporter‘s review of the Hangman opens, “Plenty of former A-list actors — including Bruce Willis, Nicolas Cage and Antonio Banderas — have succumbed to the lure of easy paychecks in direct-to-video thrillers produced by Saban Films. But it’s particularly disappointing to see Al Pacino sink to those depths.”
Other films with the unfortunate distinction include Adam Sandler’s Netflix movie The Ridiculous 6; 2010’s The Nutcracker in 3D, which stars a young Elle Fanning; and the Saturday Night Fever sequel audiences did not ask for but got nonetheless, Staying Alive.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day