- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fans who used one of their three wishes to see a glimpse of Disney’s live-action Aladdin are in luck.
On Wednesday, Will Smith, who plays Genie, posted a picture of himself and castmates Mena Massoud (Aladdin), Naomi Scott (Princess Jasmine) and Marwan Kenzari (Jafar) on his Facebook page.
“We just started shooting Aladdin and I wanted to intro you guys to our new family,” Smith wrote. “Here we go!”
Smith plays the iconic, magical character originally voiced by the late Robin Williams in the 1992 animated film.
It was announced Tuesday that Billy Magnussen had joined the Disney’s live-action cast as Prince Anders.
John August (Big Fish, Corpse Bride) wrote the script and Dan Lin, who worked with director Guy Ritchie on Sherlock Holmes, is producing through his Lin Pictures banner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day