- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Will Smith is ready to be let out of the bottle.
Aladdin also stars Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, as well as Billy Magnussen and Nasim Pedrad as a new character and friend to Jasmine.
Guy Ritchie is directing Aladdin, a remake of the 1992 animated film that starred Robin Williams in the Genie role and went on to win two Oscars and earn $504 million worldwide. In September 2017, Smith shared the first photo of the cast, but little else has been glimpsed from the film so far.
“She’s a multidimensional woman, and she doesn’t have to just be one thing,” Scott told The Hollywood Reporter last year of her role as Jasmine. “So in this movie, you see her go on such a roller coaster, as opposed to her one goal being to fall in love or get married.”
Aladdin opens May 24, 2019 and will be followed in July by another remake of a ’90s classic: Jon Favreau’s take on Lion King.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day