- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alcon Entertainment has optioned The Ice Twins, a novel by S.K. Tremayne.
The haunting story centers on a couple, Angus and Sarah Moorcraft, whose life is struck by tragedy when one of their twin daughters, Lydia, dies in an accident. They move with their other daughter, Kirstie, to an isolated Scottish island to deal with their grief. But Kirstie begins to insist that she is in fact Lydia, and gradually becomes more disturbed as the dark tale progresses.
After Angus has to leave for a work trip, a violent storm leaves Sarah and her daughter stranded, and Sarah finds herself tortured by the past.
Alcon’s Carl Rogers and Alexandra Tompkins bought The Ice Twins with their discretionary fund for development, and Alcon‘s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson are producing.
S.K. Tremayne is a pen name for a best-selling author who wishes to remain anonymous. The psychological thriller hit shelves in January via Harper Collins. The tale is described as “gripping,” “eerie” and “creepy” but set in beautiful surroundings.
WME repped the book in the deal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Red Table Talk