- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Woodard will play Dr. Johnetta, a psychiatrist specializing in deep trauma. Silverman was earlier announced for the role of Emilia, the girlfriend to Andrew, played by Underwood, who falls into paranoia after his wife goes missing.
Andrew tries to escape a self-destructive cycle via Emilia, a victims advocate and self-help blogger who is dealing with her own demons from the past.
Written by Joe McClean, Viral is directed and produced by Underwood. Woodard most recently starred in the Apple TV+ series See and will appear opposite Kevin Hart in the Netflix feature film Fatherhood and The Gray Man with Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans, also for Netflix.
Other recent film credits for Woodard include Captain America: Civil War and Annabelle. Underwood and Woodard previously starred together in Netflix’s Juanita, The Wishing Tree for Showtime and Love Letters. They are also both co-founders of the nonprofit Artists for a New South Africa.
The Viral cast also includes Jeanine Mason, Clint James, Brendan Burke, Erik Jensen, Samuel Garnett, Jo Twiss and Connor Paolo.
The film will be produced by Joe McClean, Daniel Cypress, John Kalafatis, Joanna Kalafatis and Andreas Ignatiou.
Woodard is repped by ICM Partners, Circle of Confusion and Gochman Law Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day