- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alice Eve is in negotiations for a significant role in Paramount’s second installment of the J.J. Abrams-shepherded Star Trek reboot.
The studio’s 2009 Star Trek reimagination was a hit, grossing more than $380 million worldwide. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto are slated to reprise their respective roles of Kirk and Spock.
The untitled sequel is set to open May 17, 2013. Abrams is again directing and producing through his Bad Robot shingle; the script is from Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof.
Eve is perhaps best known for her winning turn in the final season of HBO’s Entourage; her other credits include Sex and the City 2 and She’s Out of My League. She is currently filming the indie Decoding Annie Parker, which stars Helen Hunt and Samantha Morton.
Little is known about the Eve’s character beyond that the role is significant.
The New York Post first reported news of Eve’s casting. Paramount declined to comment.
Eve is represented by UTA, the U.K.’s Artist Rights Group and Untitled Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day