- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“To the Covenant!”
So says the crew of the, presumably doomed, ship that is the focus of Ridley Scott’s latest chapter in the Alien franchise. Fox dropped a prologue trailer for Alien: Covenant on Wednesday night and in it we see the final few moments of joy before the crew enter cryosleep.
The trailer, which clocks in just under five minutes, gives us our first detailed look at the crew members, including the captain played by James Franco, the chief pilot played by Danny McBride as well as other crewmembers Billy Crudup, Demian Bichir and of course the android played by Michael Fassbender (named Walter in Covenant).
We see McBride rekindle his frosty onscreen relationship with Franco (as seen previously in the comedies Pineapple Express and This Is the End) as well as some hints at the tensions and strains between certain crewmembers.
Covenant is a direct sequel to 2012’s Prometheus and the second of the prequel series to the Alien franchise.
Alien: Covenant hits theaters on May 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day