- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alita: Battle Angle has enlisted newcomer Jorge Lendeborg Jr. to join its growing ranks.
Robert Rodriguez will direct the adaptation of the popular manga that follows a young female cyborg in the 26th century. Rosa Salazar will star as the cyborg, who is found by a scientist in a junk yard with no memories of her past and goes on to become a bounty hunter.
Also set to appear are Christoph Waltz, Ed Skrein, Mahershala Ali and Keean Johnson, who is playing the romantic interest to Salazar’s cyborg. The Fox action-adventure begins shooting this month in Austin.
Lendeborg will play the cunning and sly friend of Johnson’s character.
James Cameron is producing Alita with his Lightstorm Entertainment partner Jon Landau.
Recently, Lendeborg landed a role in another big, upcoming blockbuster — Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming. He previously starred in the Sundance-selected coming-of-age feature The Land.
He is repped by Momentum and Mosaic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day