- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The parents of Amanda Bynes are reportedly seeking temporary conservatorship of the 27-year-old actress.
The couple have already filed sealed court documents in Ventura County Superior Courthouse in Oxnard that highlight the series of recent erratic activity by the actress, according to RadarOnline and TMZ.
Earlier this week, Ventura County Sheriff’s Dept. Sgt. Eric Buschow told The Hollywood Reporter the actress was placed under a 72-hour psychiatric hold after starting a small fire outside a home in Thousand Oaks. The home belonged to an elderly woman that Bynes did not have any prior association with.
The actress, who grew up in Thousand Oaks, was subsequently checked into a hospital for a mental evaluation.
The scheduled hearing has drawn comparisons to a case involving Britney Spears. In 2008, Spears’ father, Jamie, was granted temporary conservatorship over the then-26-year-old singer after she exhibited erratic behavior.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day