- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Actress Amanda Peterson, best known for the 1987 romantic comedy Can’t Buy Me Love, has died. She was 43.
Her father told TMZ the actress was found in her Greeley, Colo., home on Sunday. He said an official cause of death is unknown, but that “she had some illness and a sleep apnea problem that may have contributed.”
Peterson starred opposite Patrick Dempsey in Can’t Buy Me Love, in which she played cheerleader Cindy Mancini. She also starred opposite Ethan Hawke in the family sci-fi adventure film Explorers (1986). Other credits include an episode of Doogie Howser, M.D., and 22 episodes of the NBC drama A Year in the Life (1987-88), in which she played Sunny Sisk.
Her last credit was the 1994 fantasy/family film Windrunner. She had retired from the entertainment industry and had been living in Colorado for years at the time of her death. She did pose for some photos (below) in 2012, which are some of the only recent publicly available photos of the actress.
Photos courtesy of Ryan Hartsock of KR Productions/Twisted Pixels Photography
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Flash’ Director Andy Muschietti Supports Ezra Miller Returning to Lead Potential Sequels
You Hurt My Feelings
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, ‘You Hurt My Feelings’ Team Break Down Fallout From “Betrayal”
‘Little Girl Blue’ Review: Marion Cotillard Plays a Troubled Mother in Powerful and Personal Doc/Psychodrama Hybrid