- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Koepp, the veteran screenwriter behind Jurassic Park and 2002’s Spider-Man, will direct the project, which is set to go into production later this year.
Blumhouse described the project as “the unsettling story of a wealthy man with a younger wife and a 6-year-old child. Mistrust and suspicion characterize their marriage while they are in a remote location that may or may not be obeying all the physical laws of the universe.”
Bacon will portray the wealthy man, while Seyfried will play his wife, an actress with a secret.
The film is based on the novel of the same name by Daniel Kehlmann, which Bacon discovered and brought to Koepp. Bacon is producing with Blum.
Seyfried reprises her role as Meryl Streep’s daughter in Universal’s Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again, which opens July 20. She currently is in production on The Art of Racing in the Rain with Milo Ventimiglia.
Seyfried is repped by Innovative Artist and Frankfurt Kurnit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day