- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I can feel it in the walls. I feel it in my veins,” Foxx says in a voiceover — undoubtedly talking about his new powers. “No matter what you do, doc, you can’t contain it. You want to know how powerful I am? Well, I want to know, too. I’m Electro.”
Sony’s Amazing Spider-Man 2 panel is happening on Friday, with Foxx appearing alongside the film’s star, Andrew Garfield, director Marc Webb and co-star Dane DeHaan. In the sequel to last year’s The Amazing Spider-Man, Peter Parker (Garfield) is balancing school and crime-fighting with spending time with his lady friend, Gwen (Emma Stone). Things get even more complicated when new villain Electro (Foxx) emerges, and his old friend, Harry Osborn (DeHaan), comes back into his life.
In the comics, Electro’s alter ego, Max Dillon, was given the power to control electricity after being struck by lightning while repairing a power line. He first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man No. 9 in 1964.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day