- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
A week-and-a-half after the second trailer for the The Amazing Spider-Man hit the web, the first clip from the Marc Webb-directed reboot has arrived.
The brief scene shows Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) attempting to visit romantic interest Gwen Stacy in her family’s New York apartment. But the doorman won’t let Peter in without taking a look inside his bag.
PHOTOS: ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Featuring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone
Perhaps the doorman is merely doing his due diligence to protect Gwen’s father, a police captain, or perhaps he’s just being a jerk. Either way, Peter isn’t keen on opening the bag and revealing his Spidey costume.
STORY: Marc Webb on ‘Amazing Spider-Man’ Trailer Reactions, The Lizard and How His Take Differs From Sam Raimi’s
Though YouTube commenters have complained the clip is a bit dull, Peter’s unease with this authority figure reaffirms speculation that this Peter is more rough around the edges than in the Sam Raimi films.
STORY: Stan Lee: ‘My Cameo in ‘Spider-Man’ is Going to Bring in the Audience’
It also shows that though J. Jonah Jameson, Peter’s Spider-Man hating boss, won’t be appearing in the reboot, there will still likely be plenty of people giving Peter a hard time.
The Amazing Spider-Man is set to open on conventional and 3D screens July 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day