- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A lot of geek talk this week has been about The Dark Knight Rises footage. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows had its premiere, grabbing some spotlight and getting Robert Downey Jr. talking about The Avengers and Iron Man 3.
So some of us have forgotten that other superhero movies are coming out. Like The Amazing Spider-Man, starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Well, Columbia is here to remind us and yesterday quietly slid out a new teaser poster for the movie, which opens July 3, 2012.
The poster, which debuted on Superhero Hype, is simple but effective, but more importantly, is consistent with comics iconography of having shadows reveal the true soul or identity or whatever the artists wants of a character. It’s an effect used from Batman comics to Spider-Man comics and it’s used here to show that the man crawling up the stone wall is … Spider-Man.
And it also makes a point to stand apart from the Sam Raimi-directed movies, whose posters slickly had the Arach-Knight stuck or perched to a glass skyscraper.
Check it out …
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day