- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon has partnered with Roadside Attraction to distribute Sundance hit Manchester by the Sea for an awards-season theatrical run.
The film will hit select theaters on Nov. 18, and will add more theaters until it goes nationwide, which has been planned for some point in mid-December.
The Kenneth Lonergan-directed drama stars Michelle Williams and Kyle Chandler, as well as Casey Affleck, who is receiving early Oscar buzz for his role.
Manchester by the Sea was acquired by the streaming service for around $10 million, following a bidding war, to become the second-biggest acquisition of the festival, following Nate Parker’s slave revolt drama The Birth of a Nation.
Roadside and Amazon also partnered for the distribution of Spike Lee’s Chi-Raq, and have planned a 90-day May theatrical release for another festival film, Whit Stillman’s Jane Austen adaptation Love and Friendship.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day