- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AMC, the network that has found success with the comic book-based The Walking Dead, is developing a reality project set in the comic book world with Kevin Smith.
Smith, an avid comic fan and writer who continued his big-screen features Jay and Silent Bob and Clerks in comic form, would executive produce the project, which will take place in and revolve around the two guys who run his New Jersey comic book store The Secret Stash, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
A casting call for the project posted on Facebook noted that Smith was not looking for actors, but instead comic book fans — men and women ages 21-35 — who live in the tristate area.
AMC announced plans to expand into unscripted programming in November and in April revealed series orders for two docu-series: Inside the DHS, from Dirty Jobs producer Craig Piligian and following Department of Homeland Security employees including Janet Napolitano; and Pitch, from Undercover Boss duo Eli Holzman & Stephen Lambert and revolving around ad agencies pitching clients and prepping ad campaigns.
IGN first reported the Smith news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day