- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The agreement will bring the network, known as the MGM Channel before a rebrand last year, to seven Spanish-speaking countries. They are Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
AMC in Latin America features such series as AMC original drama Halt and Catch Fire. In addition, the channel features movies from the likes of MGM, Paramount and Sony. The network recently launched on key pay TV platforms in other regions throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
“AMC has become synonymous with bold, dramatic storytelling of the highest quality. This new agreement will allow us build upon this success, growing the AMC brand internationally and creating a far-reaching platform for our original content,” said Ed Palluth, executive vp of global distribution, AMC Networks International. “DirecTV has made remarkable strides in Latin America, and we are thrilled to partner with them in bringing AMC’s outstanding programming to audiences throughout the region.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey