- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AMC Networks international is rebranding its Spanish independent cinema channel CTK as Sundance Channel, the company announced Tuesday.
Starting Oct. 1, CTK subscribers on various Spanish pay platforms such as Telefonica’s online service Movistar TV or cable network Ono will receive Sundance Channel’s mix of first-run original drama alongside independent films and documentaries, including the exclusive premiere of the second season of the original drama Rectify.
“Spain continues to be one of our biggest-priority expansion markets in Western Europe,” said Bruce Tuchman, president of AMC Global and Sundance Channel Global.
The move comes just over a month after AMC rebranded its MGM Channel worldwide to AMC to give its flagship network brand an international push and simultaneously launched the Sundance channel in six Latin American countries, saying the region was a key priority.
“CTK’s transition to Sundance Channel will be a great opportunity to grow viewership on our partners’ platforms by sharing fresh, new, compelling original programming with their subscribers,” said Eduardo Zulueta, managing director of AMC Networks International in Iberia and Latin America.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day