- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Cinema Editors recognized this year’s ACE Eddie Award nominees during the honorary society’s nominees reception Wednesday at Technicolor’s Sky Lounge at Sunset Gower Studios.
Among the attendees were ACE Eddie and Oscar nominees Michael Kahn for Lincoln, Jay Cassidy and Crispin Struthers for Silver Linings Playbook, and William Goldenberg and Dylan Tichenor, co-editors of Zero Dark Thirty. Goldenberg is a double-nominee, having also edited Argo.
Also enjoying the evening was honoree Larry Silk (One Survivor Remembers), who along with editor Richard Marks (Terms of Endearment) will receive a Lifetime Career Achievement Award during the ACE Eddie Awards on Feb. 16 at the Beverly Hilton.
Among those in attendance to celebrate the honorees during the reception were ACE president Alan Heim (All That Jazz), ACE vp Stephen Rivkin (Avatar) and former ACE president Randy Roberts (Chicago Hope).
No film has won best picture at the Oscars without also having received at least a best editing nomination at the Eddies since Ordinary People in 1981. This year, six of the nine best picture nominated films have editors who are nominated for ACE Awards. They are Argo, Les Miserables, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook and Zero Dark Thirty.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jon M. Chu