- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Clint Eastwood‘s latest film, American Sniper, will get a sneak peek screening at AFI Fest. The drama will be shown at a screening on Tuesday, Nov. 11, at 9 p.m. at the Egyptian Theatre.
The Navy SEAL drama, which stars Bradley Cooper, is set to get an Oscar-qualifying run on Dec. 25 in select theaters before expanding Jan. 16. The film, a Warners/Village Roadshow co-production, is based on a 2012 autobiographical book written by Chris Kyle.
The title was adapted for the screen by Jason Dean Hall (Paranoia). Sienna Miller, Luke Grimes, Jake McDorman and Kyle Gallner also feature in the cast of the drama.
“Clint Eastwood is an American icon,” read a statement from AFI president Bob Gazzale. “His are stories that stand the test of time, and we are proud and honored to unveil his latest masterpiece.”
Also screening at the fest on Tuesday is Selma, a civil rights drama, which will be shown in full at the Egyptian Theatre at 6 p.m.
Nov. 11, 2:30 p.m. Updated with confirmation, statement from AFI
Read more 44 Movies Vying for Best Picture Oscar
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day