- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Andrew Lazar, Oscar-nominated producer of 2014’s highest grossing film, American Sniper, will produce the sci-fi thriller Rupture.
The title is to be directed by Steven Shainberg (Secretary), based on a story by Shainberg and Brian Nelson (Hard Candy), with Nelson penning the screenplay. It concerns a single mother abducted by a mysterious organization and struggling to escape.
The producers are Tango Pictures (a partnership between Christina Weiss Lurie, Steve Shainberg and Lazar), Andrea Iervolino‘s and Lady Monika Bacardi‘s AMBI Group (The Humbling), and Christina Weiss Lurie (Inside Job). AMBI Distribution handles international sales and will present the project in Cannes.
Said Lazar, “I’m very excited to be partnering with AMBI Group. Andrea and Lady Monika are very forward-thinking financiers and filmmakers, and this film will be the beginning of a fantastic relationship between Tango and AMBI.”
AMBI is currently in production on James Franco‘s In Dubious Battle, based on John Steinbeck‘s 1930s class-struggle novel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown