- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures has acquired the pitch Schooled, from writer Erica Oyama, that Amy Poehler will produce alongside Brooke Posch through their Paper Kite Productions banner.
Plot details are being kept in detention, but the comedy will explore the lengths a high school teacher will go to gain the respect she deserves.
Executive vp production Erik Baiers will oversee the project for the studio.
The sale extends Universal’s relationship with Poehler, who stars with Tina Fey in the studio’s December comedy Sisters. She also is producing the comedy Balls for the studio. The actress currently is shooting The House with Will Ferrell for New Line.
Burning Love is a reality-relationship-show parody that can be seen on Yahoo and E! Oyama’s husband, Ken Marino, starred in the first season and directed. With Marino, Oyama has several projects around town — Go the F— to Sleep at Fox 2000, among them.
Poehler and Paper Kite are represented by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment and Sloane Offer.
Oyama is repped by Paradigm and Principato-Young Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery