- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Schumer‘s career continues to reach new peaks.
The Trainwreck star opened for Madonna at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday as part of the Rebel Heart Tour. During her nearly 40-minute comedy set, Schumer informed the crowd that she would be returning to the storied venue in June 2016, but this time as the main event.
“I just found out that I’ll be playing MSG by myself on June 23!” Schumer said on stage. The show will mark her first headlining gig at the arena that is seen as a benchmark for stand-up comedy success. Tickets go on sale Sept. 18 at noon EST.
The Inside Amy Schumer comedian made it clear to the enthusiastic audience that she was bowled over to be performing the high-profile opening slot before such a music icon.
“What am I doing here?” Schumer cracked. “I thought nobody would be here — this is awesome! You guys, I’m opening for mother-f—ing Madonna right now!”
Schumer will open Thursday for Madonna at Madison Square Garden and Saturday at the Barclays Center.
Check back at THR.com for a full recap of Schumer’s opening set.
— Ashley Lee (@cashleelee) September 17, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day