- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK (AP) — Stand-up comedian and actress Amy Schumer is teaming up with New York Sen. Charles Schumer to call for tighter gun control.
She will join the senator Monday as he unveils a three-part plan that would make it harder for violent criminals and the mentally ill to obtain guns.
They cited the recent shooting in a Louisiana movie theater that killed two women and injured nine others during a screening of the movie Trainwreck starring Amy Schumer.
Amy Schumer is the senator’s cousin.
The senator’s legislation would create monetary rewards for states that submit all necessary records into the background check system and penalize states that do not. He also will call on Congress to preserve mental health funding and substance abuse programs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Kill Boksoon’ Filmmaker Talks Netflix Action Thriller With Shades of Female ‘John Wick’
Megan Thee Stallion
Megan Thee Stallion in Talks for Adam Sandler Netflix Movie From ‘Uncut Gems’ Directors
Tom Felton Remembers Late Robbie Coltrane on Birthday: “Without Hagrid, There’s No Hogwarts”