- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Tuesday, Inside Amy Schumer aired a sketch addressing female objectification in celebrity late night interviews. Amy Schumer stars as “Amy Lake Blively” with Bill Hader as host “Cliffley.”
Schumer’s character giggles, flirts, and is inept at sitting in a chair as her legs become more and more shiny and bronzed. She is promoting Baz Luhrmann’s musical remake of Blade Runner and she talks about being a tomboy, baking and liking comic books.
It’s all over when she announces her favorite movie is Star Wars. Watch below.
Here are some interviews Schumer may be referencing in her parody, including an interview where Blake Lively tells David Letterman she has a crush on him and another where Jennifer Lawrence is cold and is offered a blanket. Of course, Schumer’s sketch doesn’t seem directly aimed at Lively and Letterman, she is in general calling out how female celebrity interviews are conducted in a flirty manner, as well as joking about pandering to nerd culture and idealistic female standards.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day