- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Schumer has signed on to star in I Feel Pretty, a comedy from McG’s Wonderland Sound & Vision and Voltage Pictures.
Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein, the writers behind How to Be Single and He’s Just Not That Into You, wrote the script and will make their directorial debut with the film.
A summer shoot on the East Coast is being planned. The logline is being kept under wraps.
In a first, Schumer will also be a producer on the project. Also producing are Wonderland’s McG and Mary Viola, along with Voltage’s Alissa Phillips, Dominic Rustam and Nicolas Chartier.
Kevin Kane, a frequent collaborator of Schumer, is on board as co-producer.
Voltage snagged the project in a closely guarded yet competitive situation and then quickly attached Schumer. Phillips brought the project in for Voltage. Jonathan Deckter will exec produce for Voltage.
Voltage will finance the film and also handle international distribution rights at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival. UTA and Voltage will handle domestic rights.
Schumer next stars in Snatched, a Fox comedy that pairs her with Goldie Hawn and is set to open May 12. She is repped by UTA, Carrie Byalick of B. Company and Schreck Rose.
Kohn and Silverstein are repped by UTA and 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day