- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Smart and Joshua Leonard are starring in the dark comedy An Unkindness of Ravens, which has begun filming on location in Idaho.
Written by Russell Friedenberg, who is directing with Randy Redroad, the film concerns a group of friends whose lives are changed by their encounter with a strange nature photographer.
Smart and Leonard play a troubled married couple hosting a group of friends at a Fourth of July weekend reunion. Will McCormack appears as the photographer. Cast as the friends are Christian Campbell, Friedenberg and Victoria Smurfit, with Natalie Imbruglia, Calum Grant and Castille Landon rounding out the cast.
Prominent Pictures’ Heather Rae is producing with Teddy Grennan and Dori Sperko. Jeff Steen and Jerri Moore are executive producing, withLaura Mehlhaff as co-producer.
Smart, repped by Gersh and Untitled Entertainment, most recently appeared in Showtime’s Shameless. Leonard, repped by The Collective, has been seen in Humpday and Higher Ground.
Friedenberg and Redroad are both repped by ChengCaplin Company. Friedenberg previously wrote and directed 2008’s Ibid, while Redroad’s first film The Doe Boy premiere at the 2001 Sundance Film Festival, where it won the Sundance/NHK International Filmmaker’s Award.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day